Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fidget House


For my fans who come out to support me and read this blog, we're off to another exciting journey in music. Those who know me more personally or just by seeing me out and about know how I'm constantly digging for new tunes to continue to take my own style of DJing to new heights.

I didn't quite know how to term this new style of house that I have been spinning for the last couple of years, until I came across an article online that calls it 'Fidget'. Mind you, there are some local Dubstep/DnB promoters who would list Fidget on their flyers, but I thought it was something that was an extension of the two by having the rapid pace of DnB or the slower, grimey dub style production like Dubstep. After doing a quick search, I found it to be simply House music...but House music with muscle. The term Fidget was coined as a joke by the DJ/Production team of Jesse Rose & Switch, but this genre is definitely no joke. Fidget House is a style of house music that is defined by 'snatched' (sampled) vocal snippets, pitch-bent dirty basslines and rave-style synth stabs over glitchy 4/4 beats.

Below is another mix done by me and you can grab it for FREE. The beats thump hard and like any other song, you know the bassline is the glue to keep it all together. If you happen to have a good sound system, the bass might hit you hard enough to where you'll be glued to your wall. Enjoy!

Mixed by DJ Kool Emdee (Blackadelic Tribe Productions)

Downlaod: Fidget Mix

Fidget House
1. Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction (Foamo Remix)
2. 2 Bit Thugs - A Good Look (Stupid Fresh Remix)
3. Will Bailey & Calverton - Equador
4. Angie Brown - Movin' Up (Stupid Fresh Mix)
5. AC Slater - Jack Got Jacked (Jack Beats Remix)
6. Rye Rye ft. M.I.A. - Bang! (Party Hoppaz Bootleg)
7. Estelle - American Boy (Nadastrom Remix)
8. Lee Mortimer - Champion Sound
9. Lock n' Load - Blow Ya Mind (The Squatters Remix)
10. Shab Ruffcut - Twist (Wonk Remix)
11. The Qemists ft. Wiley - Dem Na Like Me (A1 Bassline Remix)
12. Andy George - Big Dipper (Original Vocal Mix)
13. Adonis - Rockin' Down The House (Mickey Slim Remix)
14. Defunct! - Flashy Fidget Frame (Original Mix)
15. Jakz - Got The Power
16. Jon E. Industry - Look Out (Lazy Rich Remix)
17. Ryan Riback - Boom (Lee Mortimer Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment