Thursday, April 15, 2010

Andreya Triana


The UK again has the right to brag on one of their own who goes by the name of Andreya Triana. I first caught a glimpse of this sultry siren's vocal talents via the Red Bull Music Academy Various Assets compilation. I heard more of her on a few other compilations and singles, but one that really caught my ear was the remix of Flying Lotus' "Tea Leaf Dancers" released in 2007 on Brownswood Bubblers Two. Less than a year later I get my hands on the "Get Down" b/w "Hold On" 12" release by Mr. Scruff in 2008, where she continued to execute her talent to perfection on "Hold On". 2009 brought about more guest appearances on a series of 12" releases and more compilations.

Late 2009 and early 2010 has her collaborating with Bonobo on "The Keeper" and "Eyesdown". Currently she is on a U.S. tour with the Bonobo Band and has released her first single titled "Lost Where I Belong", available now on NinjaShop and iTunes. Flying Lotus teamed up with her again and supplied a dope remix for the single, which after hearing it, i'm sure you will have it on repeat. She will be dropping a full length CD in August of this year on Ninja Tunes. For more information on tour dates and news, log on to her Myspace page here.

Lost Where I Belong (Flying Lotus Remix)


No comments:

Post a Comment