Thursday, June 2, 2011

Goldie: Timeless (Inner City Life)

A couple of days ago I went to my friend Khon's bar in Midtown to say hello to everybody who I hadn't seen in awhile. Walking in to greet my long time friend Troy, who's one of the bartenders, I hear a melody that blows my mind, because I hadn't heard this tune in years. Playing on the jukebox is Goldie's "Timeless (Inner City Life)" from his first studio album called Timeless, which was released in 1995. The original album version of this tune is 21 minutes long and divided in three parts; "Inner City Life", "Pressure" and "Jah".

Coming up under the wings of pioneers Dego and Marc Mac of 4 Hero, Goldie is also amongst the pioneering ranks and has proven to be an artist with music well deserving of the title of "timeless". This is one of my favorite albums that I feel is an album one has to have part of their collection. After you get your copy here, make sure you listen to it on a good system. Your ears and mind will thank you. Enjoy!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment