Sunday, February 12, 2012

Farewell: Whitney Houston

Whitney Elizabeth Houston
(August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012)

After waking up and making a snack, I turned on the tele and flipped through a few channels and stop at VH-1 to see "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston from the 80's. At first I thought they were just going to show a few videos from that era by many artists, only to continue to see more videos of her as if they were doing some sort of tribute. My thought was; "Seems like they only do that when someone has passed away.", and I ended up blowing off the idea thinking maybe they were going to pay tribute on the upcoming Grammy Awards.

While on a commercial break, I flip through channels again to see on one of the national and world news stations that Houston had indeed passed away. Talk about a shock to see another iconic figure taken away so soon. Of course I can go on and on about her accomplishments during the course of her career and her trials. Fact now is, this is one of the biggest voices in modern recording history that is no longer with us in person. Mrs. Houston, we salute you!

For bio, discography and more details, visit WhitneyHouston.com





No comments:

Post a Comment