Wednesday, June 6, 2012

FELA! On Broadway

BLACK MUSIC MONTH 2012



I have to start out by saying that the FELA! On Broadway musical is ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! Last night for opening night, me and my other half had the privilege to go see it, thanks to the tremendous efforts by our friend Sis. Akua Holt of Pan-African Journal, which airs Sunday evenings on KPFT 90.1 FM-Houston. With me being a huge Fela Kuti fan, I almost shed a few tears while watching the production. Although I have never been to the Africa Shrine, the entire cast made us feel like we were actually there. It felt like the spirit of Fela was in the theater. If you are one of the remaining cities on the tour, you HAVE to go see this musical. Tickets are very reasonable and I have to note that this is the final run. Go and ENJOY!

Here are a few snapshots of the production taken w/ my camera. I had to get memories.

















No comments:

Post a Comment