Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Flashback: Roxanne Shante'



A few people are surprised when I say that Roxanne Shante' is my favorite lady emcee, as well as in my top 5 of emcees of all time. I mean, why not give her the proper respect she deserves? To have the uncanny ability to freestyle a whole song at the tender age of 14, and that song to sell over 250,000 copies within her own home town alone. That song is "Roxanne's Revenge", a tune that helped spark the "Roxanne Wars". Although we are long past that era in Hip-Hop history, i'm here to mention my favorite joint by this Queensbridge native, titled "Go On Girl". Featured on the Colors (OST), this song also filled many dancefloors, and is also a perfect tune to blend with "It Takes Two" by Rob Base & DJ EZ-Rock. Both using the same sample, taken from Lynn Collins' "Think (About It)". This tune is still in my heavy rotation today. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do and Have A Nice Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment