Saturday, July 19, 2014

HAYWYRE: Smooth Criminal


About a week ago, Minneapolis born producer Haywyre, born Martin Voigt, posted this smashing video of his re-interpretation of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal". His start to learn piano came at the age of six, then honed his skills as a pianist after spending time in the capitol of classical music, Austria.

The following comment is Haywyre's expression of his view of the track. He doesn't consider it to be a remix:

This video marks one of many more performance videos that I will be uploading in the future. The performance aspect to my tracks has always been absolutely huge; this video explores this concept to its fullest.

Also, re-interpreting a great musicians track can be controversial. Most of the time a balance between material from the original track and new material is expected. My remixes have always contained way more new material than content from the original track; hence I felt it wasn't appropriate to call this work a remix.

Additionally, I will not be posting this track to my Soundcloud because I think its meant to be an audio-visual experience. Hope you all dig it, more coming soon!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment